Established: August 2003, as a non-profit social services agency with the intended purpose of verifying foster homes to care for abused and neglected children 0 – 17 years of age.
Expansion: August 2006, Lifeline was approved to provide pre and post adoption services in the state of Texas.
Branch offices: Houston, San Antonio, Corsicana, and Dallas/Fort worth.
Founder: Ricky Walter serves as the Executive Director, Chief Executive Officer and Licensed Child Placing Agency Administrator for Lifeline Children and Family Services. Ricky has extensive experience working with children, youth and families who have experienced trauma. Ricky has earned a Master of Arts Degree in Pre-Professional Counseling, Master of Science in Family Studies, and Master of Arts in Professional Counseling. He holds credentials as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor and Licensed Professional Counselor (Intern). Ricky is currently a student in the Doctorate of Professional Counseling Program at Mississippi College’s School of Psychology and Counseling. Ricky is married to Dorothy Walter, his best friend for more than 30 years and is the father of eight children (two biological, four adopted, and two godchildren) and grandfather of four.
Other Services: Mental health/counseling services; psychoeducational groups Texas Department of Criminal Justice; community educational and mentoring initiatives and partnerships
Spotlighting our Future:
- Licensed General Residential Operation – Shelter (childcare-services)
- Licensed General Residential Operation – Residential Treatment Services
- Licensed Supervised Independent Living Program (17 – 25 years old)
- Mobile Community Counseling Services for Children, Youth, and Families
- Veterans Community Resources and Services
- 100 Street Project – Housing for socioeconomically disadvantaged families